As part of United Nation’s aid to African countries, Mechatronica has undertaken the complete engineering and design work for three major projects in which solar energy technologies were implemented to provide power to accommodation and offices of mining and oil extraction plants in Sangaredi and Kamsar in Guinea.
The design involved the following;
- Solar panels and battery system sizing
- Conducting short-circuit and arc flash studies on the DC distribution network
- Selecting the distribution equipment and protective devices
- Performing all necessary calculation for cables and raceways
- Designing and selecting interface, protection, and network management devices for grid-tie projects
- Performing overall AC/DC network analysis to assess the impact of connecting the solar/battery DC system to the utility network.
Projects involves under this sector are;
- Design of roof mounted solar panels and battery system for workers accommodation buildings
- Design of 5MW off-grid solar system with generator backup
- Design of 1MW modular solar system to be tied to the utility grid. This system was designed so that it can be expanded up to 5MW using modular approach.