The company’s team has the experience working with major clients in the O&G field such as;
- Suncor Energy – Canada
- Shell Petroleum – Qatar
- Exxon Mobile – Qatar
- Qatar Petroleum (QP) – Qatar
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – UAE
- Dolphin Energy – Abu Dhabi – UAE
- Abu Dhabi Gas Industries (GASCO) – UAE
Company’s team involvement is these projects was to provide complete engineering services including design, power system studies, procurement support, and field engineering.
The design of these projects involved several challenges since most of these projects were not green-field type which added more constraints to the design and limited the number of possible solutions to the project issues.
These projects include;
- Different maintenance and upgrade projects for Suncor Edmonton Refinery – Canada
- Ras Laffan Port Expansion Project – Qatar
- Borouge EU2 Project – UAE
- Pearl GTL Project – Qatar
- Al-Khaleej Gas Expansion Project – Phase 2 – Qatar
- Dolphin Eastern Gas Distribution System Project – UAE
- Qatar Gas – Phase 3&4 Onshore Project – Qatar
- Ras Laffan Gas Expansion Project – Qatar
- Ruwais Liquified Natural Gas Plant – Train 3 – UAE
- Cairo West Air Base – Egypt
This project included the engineering and design of main power and communication networks for the air base in addition to the complete design of air base facilities including runway lighting, maintenance and storage shelters, officer residences, and base fuel stations.
The regulations surrounding utility projects and the challenges facing network stability in industrial projects were the main two obstacles that we targeted to overcome when undertaking the design.
Extensive power system studies and network stability analysis were conducted for these projects to ensure safe and reliable operation. Design involved different systems that need to be applied and coordinated.
Projects done in this sector include;
- Al-Samra Waste Water Treatment Plant – Jordan
- Catico Motors Factory – Egypt
- Dreamland Power Station – Egypt
- Al-Koraymat 66/11kV Power Station – Egypt
Work done on these projects include the application of different systems. For some projects, LEED certification was required and necessitated to conduct further studies like energy modelling and daylight analysis.
Projects under this sector include;
- City Stars Residential, Commercial and Shopping Center – Egypt
- Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Medical Center – Morocco
- Emiral Residential Towers – Algeria
- Al Mushaireb Complex – Sudan
- Al Rayyan Hills – Yemen
- Al Houara Coastal Resort – Morocco
- Ibn Hani Resort – Syria
- Nile Cournich Complex – Egypt
- Sharm El- Sheikh Resort – Egypt
- Diar Damascus – Syria
- Barwa Complex – Egypt
- Smallmead Waste Management Plant – UK
- Ajman Beach Hotel – UAE
- Garden City Touristic Village – Egypt
- Granada Touristic Village – Egypt
- Nozha Beach Touristic Village – Egypt
- Safaga Touristic Village – Egypt
- 6th of October Club – Egypt
- Serabit Touristic Village – Egypt
- Ain-Sokhna Touristic Center – Egypt
- Al-Rehab City – Egypt
- Mexicana Touristic Village – Egypt
- Aqua Leisure City – KSA
- Sharm El-Sheikh Commercial Complex – Egypt
- Genina Shopping Mall – Egypt
As part of United Nation’s aid to African countries, Mechatronica has undertaken the complete engineering and design work for three major projects in which solar energy technologies were implemented to provide power to accommodation and offices of mining and oil extraction plants in Sangaredi and Kamsar in Guinea.
The design involved the following;
- Solar panels and battery system sizing
- Conducting short-circuit and arc flash studies on the DC distribution network
- Selecting the distribution equipment and protective devices
- Performing all necessary calculation for cables and raceways
- Designing and selecting interface, protection, and network management devices for grid-tie projects
- Performing overall AC/DC network analysis to assess the impact of connecting the solar/battery DC system to the utility network.
Projects involves under this sector are;
- Design of roof mounted solar panels and battery system for workers accommodation buildings
- Design of 5MW off-grid solar system with generator backup
- Design of 1MW modular solar system to be tied to the utility grid. This system was designed so that it can be expanded up to 5MW using modular approach.